It’s that time of year folks and, sadly, we are moving into our Fall Hours. Beginning Saturday, October 1, we will be open Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our last day of business for 2011 (sniff) will be Sunday, October 30.
We would love to end this year with every single bike we have in stock finding a home. So we are slashing prices, etc. etc. Here’s what we got on the floor:
- 2011 Origin 8 Cutler single-speed in 52 and 56 cm for $250;
- 2011 Origin 8 Cutler 7 in 56 cm for $280;
- 2011 Origin 8 Brutus with a flip-flop hub (single-speed OR fixie) and fattie tires (700x40cm) in 54 cm for $450;
- 2011 46 cm Kona Dew aluminum hybrid for $399;
- 2011 22 in Kona Smoke hybrid for $360;
- 2010 cyclocross Kona Jake 58 cm for $699; and
- 2010 Kona AfricaBike single-speed cruiser for $299.
Remember, each and every bike purchased from the Wheelhouse is entitled to a free tuneup with no expiration date!
One last shopping enticement: Our entire stock of helmets is 20% off. We carry Giro, Bell, Lazer and ProTech in traditional cycling styles as well as BMX. We have kids’ helmets too!
If you’ve ridden your bike hard this season, it might be a good idea to get a tuneup before it starts sitting. Just sayin’.
Last Month of Tours
There are a few spots remaining on tonight’s Tuesday Eastern Market tour (special food truck edition!) as well as the following through the rest of the month: Green Water Infrastructure with the Sierra Club 10/2, Architecture 10/8, Urban Agriculture 10/9, Murals of Southwest Detroit 10/9, Delray 10/22, Auto Heritage 10/23 and Masters Series: Palmer Park 10/29. Don’t delay, head to wheelhousedetroit.com/tours to reserve your spot today!
What’s up for October
Fall is such a great time for riding, so hope to see you around town at one of these great rides!
- Tuesday, October 11 is Fender Bender’s third Full Moon Bike Ride. Meet at Roosevelt Park at 9 p.m. for a chill ride in the night light;
- October 15 at 9 a.m., the Detroit Institute of Arts is hosting an Inside-Out ride that will showcase the Museum’s masterworks that have been reproduced and are on display in Eastern Market, the Dequindre Cut and the RiverWalk;
- The Third Annual Mad Anthony Cyclocross will hit Fort Wayne on October 22; and
- Last but not least, our friends at Bikes & Murder continue their Slow Roll to Slow Jams each and every Monday night, leaving from Woodbridge Pub at 7:30 p.m.
Our final maintenance class with Fender Bender is tomorrow night, September 28. You’ll learn about basic maintenance and commuter safety and you’ll walk away with a patch kit — and knowledge! — for just $5. It starts at 6 p.m. and runs for two hours.
Thank you for making our fourth year our best year yet. Hope to see you this month!
Your Friends at Wheelhouse Detroit